Wednesday, March 24, 2021

FIRST THINGS FIRST


FIRST THINGS FIRST.

You no doubt know the event where Jesus was a guest
at the home of Martha and Mary as well as I do.  Martha
was very busy trying to prepare a big dinner for Jesus 
while Mary just sat at the feet of Jesus and listened to 
him talk.

You and I would be just like Martha, we would be
upset over our lazy little sister just sitting there 
doing nothing but listening to the conversation
Jesus was having.  And like Martha we would
complain.

"But the Lord said to her, 'My dear Martha,
you are worried and upset over all these
details!  There is only one thing worth being
concerned about.  Mary had discovered it, 
and it will not be taken away from her.'"
(Luke 10:41,41 NLT)

The Scriptures teach us that God saved Christians
to do good works.  So, I want to be obedient about
doing good.  You know.  Be in Church every time
the doors are open.
Give all I can to help the poor.
Encourage people in their walk of life.
Pray for the sick.
Be kind to my neighbors.
In my case, fix all the broken things I can for 
people.
etc. etc. etc.

But the truly important thing is,
am I getting my Bible out and sitting at the
feet of Jesus letting him talk to me.
Or, am I too busy?

 



No comments: