Sunday, March 21, 2021

REFLECTING HIS IMAGE.

 


Yep!
That is the mirror in my bathroom.
And I took it at that funny angle so you would
not see my ugly face.

You kids will not understand this.  But us old folks
find that everything about us seems to fail.  We get
weaker and weaker.  Our memory is not as good as 
it use to be, etc. etc. etc.

Well, the last couple of months as I shave, wash my
face, comb my hair or whatever old men do, I was
not seeing a clearly as I used too.  I was beginning
to think that perhaps I should go have my eyes
examined again.

Then one day I finally noticed something.  The
mirror was getting dirty.  My wife passed away 
about nine months ago and she used to keep it clean,
but I had never once washed it.

Would you believe that getting all that dirt off
cleared up my vision.  Even I looked better.

As a professed Christian I knew that I am supposed
to reflect the image of Jesus Christ.  That is, my life
should show the change in it because of my relationship
to Christ.  But does it?

"For those whom He foreknew, He also
predestined to become conformed to the
image of His Son, so that He would be the
firstborn among many brethren".
(Romans 8:29 NAS)

Now I have to wonder.  Have I allowed so much
of the ways and thinking of the world enter my 
life that when people see me, they do not see 
Christ in me?

No comments: