Sunday, November 7, 2021

APPEARANCE


You guessed it.  I have already taken this 
character's photo out of my computer.
I guess I am throwing it out to you. I 
don't want the clutter in my computer.

You see, I am an old, old, old man and
I have some ideals that do not match 
with this age.  But, it makes me confess
that I look too much on the outward
appearance.

An example.  There was an evangelist
very active in evangelism when I was
younger.  He has since passed away.
But this brother's appearance was a 
turn off to me, so I more or less discounted
him, or ignored him and his ministry.

Why, he had enough hair on him as
a man that he would have needed a
beautician instead of a barber.  And
on top of that he had a funny looking 
little goatee.  How can some one looking
like that be a man of God?

But the last few years when I am reading
more broadly about the workings of God
in this present age, would you believe it?
God used this man to save thousands of 
people around the world and was used to
heal thousands of people also.

Maybe God does not look at people 
like I do.

"But the LORD said to Samuel,
'Don't judge by his appearance or 
height, for I have rejected him.  The
LORD doesn't see things the way you
see them.  People judge by outward
appearance, but the LORD looks at
the heart."
(1Samuel 16:7 NLT)




 

No comments: