Sunday, November 28, 2021

GOD'S PEACE



"Then you will experience God's peace,
which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:7 NLT)

I have what is a new experience to me.
I have believed the above verse "all my 
life."  But the last few days has driven it
home to me in a new way.

On the internet I met a man that in all
appearances is likely a Christian brother.
I do not particularly question that.  As you
can imagine he has a problem and wants 
help.  NO, not money.  But for me to write
and lend my help or influence to change his
circumstances.

As a Christian I want to help people.  So,
I began to write [email] for him.  But I noticed
that I was not real comfortable with the situation.
And even worse I was loosing my peace 
[relationship] to the Lord.

So I told him I would have to quit.  When I
did the peace returned.

Then he began to bag and plead with me to 
help.  I was the only one he trusted and was
able to help him etc.

Again I went to the Lord in prayer.  [A lot of prayer.]
Was I miss understanding.  The man needed help. 
So, I begin to prepare to help him.

And, again I lost the peace of God that passes
understanding.

That of course took a final NO.
I do not know if the Lord was protecting 
me and keeping me out of trouble.  Or
perhaps even wanting the man's problem
solved in a another manner or by some 
one else.

Either way, I thank God for Guiding me
with the presence and/or the absence of 
his peace.

THANK GOD.




 

No comments: