Wednesday, November 17, 2021

WHAT IS YOUR TITLE.



Yes, I could legitimately hang a title on
my name.  The certificates or proof of 
it are in my office buried in an old
scrap book -WHERE THEY BELONG.

When you have lived as long as I have,
you get tired of seeing the pride of man-
kind in or out of the church.  See if a 
fancy title matches the thinking of Jesus.

"Everything they do is for show.
On their arms they wear extra wide
prayer boxes with Scripture verses
inside, and they wear robes with ex-
tra long tassels.  And they love to 
sit at the head table at banquets and
in the seats of honor in the syna-
rogues.  They love to receive re-
spectul greetings as they walk in
the marketplaces, and to be called
'Rabbi.'

"Don't let anyone call you 'Rab-
bi,' for you have only one teacher,
and all of you are equal as brothers
and sisters.  And don't address
anyone here on earth as 'Father,' for
only God in heaven is your Father.
And don't let anyone call you
'Teacher,' for you have only one
teacher, the Messiah.  The greatest
among you must be a servant.  But
those who exalt themselves will be
humbled, and those who humble
themselves will be exalted."
(Matthew 23:5 - 12 NLT)

That makes me want to avoid even the 
title of "Mr.".  I am happy just being 
called "Brother".  I confess, I am learning
to like the title "grandpa".  Forgive me
Lord.





 

No comments: