Wednesday, December 15, 2021

BIG WORDS

BIG WORDS


No,

I am not talking about you.  I do not know you.

I do not even know where you live.


But I watch what goes on around me.  And

it just happens that I know a person who just

a short time back received a diploma from some

school or other.  Now this diploma is in the area

I have been involved in for about sixty years.

No, I am not an expert in this area, but certainly

not ignorant about it.


After this person received their diploma a 

complete change came over their vocabulary. 

The multitude of big words and new concepts

that are now the norm for this person even

leave me looking them up.


Perhaps the thing that particularly disturbs me

is that the very people this person is trying to 

reach out to have no concept of what all this

jargon means.


O.K. lets admit it.  

I see pride as the destructive element in this.

My guess is that the pride here will actually 

drive people away from the message.  Yes,

there are people who like the verbiage, but they

are not the people this person is trying to reach.


My daughter suggested this Scripture 

regarding knowledge:


"Now concerning things offered to idols:

We know that we all have knowledge.

Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies."

(1 Corinthians 8:1 NKJV)



Here is just a couple of quotes that I ran across

this after noon while relaxing.







 

No comments: