Sunday, December 12, 2021

SHAMED BY A CAT



Many, many years ago my wife came home 
with a cat one time.  She was an animal lover.
She has lived out her life and is gone.  But,
that poor old cat is still here.

The cat above is not it.  The poor old, old, old
cat that is here is so old and straggly I would
be ashamed to show it's picture.  It would look
like the cat that belonged to Adam and Eve.

But the point is this.  That poor old thing
wants to be with me.  I have to watch every
time I go through a door that I do not trip
over it.  I have to be careful how I sit or
it will jump up in my lap.  If I move it thinks
it has to mover with me.

If I wanted to be with God the way that cat
wants to be with me, God would probably
send a fiery chariot to get me like he did for
Elijah.

If I wanted to be with God the way that cat
wants to be with me I would be a man after
God's own heart like David was.  Perhaps 
then God could use me as he did David.
David said it best;

"As a deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God.
I thirst for God, the living God.
When can I go and stand
before him?"
(Psalms 42:1,2 NLT)

GOD, GIVE ME A HEART FOR YOU.


 

No comments: