Wednesday, January 26, 2022

WHAT IS OUR EXCUSE?



"I tell you the truth, anyone who
believes in me will do the same
works I have done, and even greater
works, because I am going to be
with the Father.  You can ask for 
anything in my name, and I will do
it, so that the Son can bring glory to
the Father.  Yes, ask me for any-
thing in my name, and I will do it."
(John 14:12 - 14 NLT)

I believe Jesus.  He only tells the truth.
Yet, I personally have never met anyone
who has done the works that Jesus did,
or greater.

Over the years I have read of great works
being done by Christians in different places.
But of the hundreds of Christians I have met,
none have done the works that Jesus did.

Yet Jesus said, "anyone who believes in me".
Do we not really believe?  Do we fail to ask?
Where is the problem?

I do not profess to have the answer.  But in
my wide reading over the years I have noticed
it pointed out that often the places God was
doing miracles was where the people were 
just simple uneducated people.

Jesus on a number of occasions indicated that
unless we become like little children we would
not even enter the kingdom of God.  One of the
features of a child is their simple trust, at least
until they have had that trust broken a number
of times.

Is it possible that we are not truly trusting God,
that we are not taking him at his word to us?



 

No comments: