Wednesday, June 17, 2020

HEARING FROM GOD



I am in the process of tearing down an old house.
Yesterday one of my great grand sons wanted to
help me.  That of course means he wants to take
a hammer and bust up everything he could.

The boy is only six years old and he had his mouth
turned on.  You have been around people like that.
I noticed that even when I was gone from the house
and on another part of the property, he was still 
talking to me.

There must be a lesson in that.

Someone once said,
"You cannot learn anything while you are talking."
You have seen that happen.  When their mouth is
turned on, you cannot tell them anything.

A lot of us want to hear from God.  But are we
willing to listen?  Or is our mouth just turned on?

A.C. Valdez in his book "Fire on Azusa Street"
when talking about hearing from God said;

"Before that, it had been hard for me to hear Him,
because I was doing all of the talking and none
of the listening."

Jesus himself when talking to a group of people
said;

"Anyone with ears to hear should listen
and understand!"  
(Matthew 11:15 NLT)

I do not know about you, but more than likely
I spend too much of my day rattling off a bunch
of request to God, but not taking the time to just
be with him and listen.

No comments: