Wednesday, June 24, 2020

HOW TO SUCCEED




HOW TO SUCCEED

First, if your idea of success is either fame or
fortune, you are totally deceived and on the 
road to self destruction.

This morning while reviewing the news on the 
internet I read of a man who gave millions to 
one thing or another.  He was only in his fifties,
but he jumped to his death from some building.
I guess that is the happy dance.

The other morning while reading my Bible and
in a mood of prayer, because I want to finish out 
what ever life I have left hand in hand with God,
and looking for answers to my remaining days
I was reading in Luke.  In chapter five where Christ
is calling his disciples I noted several things.

It is recommended that you read for yourself
this section of Scripture if you have a Bible,
that is, Luke chapter five verse 1 to 16.
However I noted for my self the following.

1.  The disciples had worked hard all night and 
caught nothing.  Now I can relate to that.  Doing
things the way I think they should be done and
accomplishing nothing.

2.  When they did the same thing the way Jesus
told them to do it, they were swamped with
success.

3. They left everything and followed Jesus.  How
often we try to drag "stuff" along in living for 
God.  It does not work well.

4. Even Jesus himself often would go away alone
to pray to the Father.  Now if Jesus needed to 
pray often, how do you think we are going to
make it without a lot of prayer.




No comments: