Wednesday, February 24, 2021

FAKE CHRISTIANS



Around my house there are some fake flowers.
They look like the real thing, at least from a distance,
but they sure do not smell like flowers.

Or like you have seen, a beautiful bowl of fruit.
But try biting into some of the fruit and you will
be eating; glass or plastic or wax.

Look around you.  There are a lot of Christians that
fall into the same category,  they are fake.  They claim
to be Christian because they were born into a "Christian"
nation, or a Christian family, or go to a Christian church.
But watch their lives.  They are no different than anybody
else.  There is nothing about them that makes them a 
Christian i.e. a follower of Christ.

Let Jesus Christ himself tell us what a follower
of his is;
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must
give up your own way, take up your cross and
follow me.  If you try to hang on to your life, you
will lose it.  But if you give up your life for my sake
and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world
but lose your own soul?  Is anything worth more
than your soul? 
(Mark8:34 - 37 NLT)

Do I profess to be a follower of Christ, 
but go on living like I want instead of 
yielding whole heartedly to Him?

If I do,
I will loose it all.




No comments: