Sunday, February 7, 2021

PREPARING FOR THE COMING TROUBLE

 


By nature I am a survivalist.  Knowing what is coming
because God said it is, and it has been happening like
he said, about fifty years ago I moved out of town and
into the hills.

Like Noah who built an ark or boat, I built a bomb shelter.
Like Joseph in Egypt storing up wheat, I spent a lot of money
on survival foods.  I have guns to hunt with and fishing 
equipment to fish with.  And yes, in addition I have a hideaway
another place out in the woods.

BUT, BUT, BUT.
After watching and tending all these things for all these
years God has let me see that they are FUTILE.  They are
not adequate.  There are far to many other things that can
kill you.

As I see the terrible times coming that are just ahead
I have been praying about it for a few years now and
this is the way he is leading me.

[Please, seek God's will for you, your life and how he
would have you Go.  If he clearly leads you another
way - follow his direction.]

God keeps pointing me back to the "Sermon on the
Mount."  Don't worry about food and clothes.  Don't
worry about tomorrow.  Look at the birds and their
carefree life. etc. etc. etc.  Jesus gives us this specific
instruction;

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else,
and live righteously, and he will give you
everything you need.
So don't worry about tomorrow, for
tomorrow will bring its own worries.
Today's trouble is enough for today." 
(Matthew 6:33,34 NLT)

The only safe preparation that can be made for
the coming days is; PUT GOD FIRST IN
EVERYTHING.  Leave it in his hands.

Thinking of seeking first the Kingdom of God
the Apostle Paul puts it another way, i.e., if 
you are in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
If not, you have lost everything away.

"Since you have been raised to new life
with Christ, set your sights on the realities
of heaven, where Christ sits in the place
of honor at God's right hand.  Think about
the things of heaven, not the things of earth.
For you died to this life, and your real life
is hidden with Christ in God.  And when
Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the
whole world, you will share in all his glory." 
(Colossians 3:1 - 4 NLT)

Grab a tight hold on God and meet me in 
heaven .

No comments: