Wednesday, February 10, 2021

THANK GOD FOR THE STORM

 


Reading in the book of Jonah yesterday turned
my mind to the blessings of storms in our lives.

We know that in Jonah's case Jonah was running
from God.  Jonah was prejudice and did not want to
do what God wanted him to.  So Jonah tried to run
away.  You would think that God's prophet would 
know you can't run from God.  But Jonah tried, so;

"But the LORD hurled a powerful wind
over the sea, causing a violent storm that
threatened to break the ship apart."
(Jonah 1:4 NLT)

If you have read the book of Jonah you know that
got Jonah's attention.

In my own life I have to think back to over sixty
years ago.  In a period of a couple years God allowed
several storms in my life.  I can remember three 
distinct storms and it was finally the third one
that God my attention.  Simply put, God was trying
to get my attention.

Not all storms are because we are running from God.
Just the last few days while enjoying the presence 
of God and a new sense of direction and rejoicing
in God's goodness a storm hit me all at once that
tried to stop me all together.  I now believe it was
from Satan trying to stop me.  But thank God, it
only drove me closer to God for help.

Most of us have storms of one sort or another in
our lives.  The storms in your life.  Are they trying
to tell you something?  Let them drive you closer
to God and you will be all the better off for the 
storm.





No comments: