Wednesday, July 7, 2021

PRAISE GOD.

 


PRAISE GOD.

The last few days I have been doing some volunteer
work on a lawn mower.  And no, the image above is
not it.  I just liked the picture.  The one I was working
on was one of the newer zero turn mowers.

I think it and some other equipment was donated to the
camp and needed "fixing" before they could be used.
Anyway the mower had a flat tire, would not start and
needed the blades sharpened as a starter.

I found a way to bypass the switch and get the mower
running.  After running it about four times I went ahead
with the repairs.

After making the repairs I could not keep the engine 
running.  Now I am not smart, educated or any of those
things.  But, I have been working with all kinds of engines
for at least seventy five years.  Have been a professional
auto technician for over a quarter of a century and have a
feel for why an engine does not run.  This one was running
out of gas.  It would start easy and then run out of gas.

I took the carb off.  Went through it.  Checked the fuel pump
out - it was O.K.  I know, I had never worked on this brand 
mower before and was not acquainted with it.  But after
working an hour or more trying to keep it running I just
gave up for the day, very discouraged.

God through the Apostle James told us;

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous
God, and he will give it to you.  He will
not rebuke you for asking."
(James 1:5 NLT)

So, I began to ask God for help.  I was 
tired, discouraged and at a complete loss,
but praying.

That night while taking my bath God begin
to reveal a different train of thought to my 
punny little brain.  Look at the electrical system
instead of the fuel system.

That was it.  A very simple fix.  I had miss 
wired a wire which blew the fuse and that
shut the fuel solenoid off.

PRAISE GOD for straightening out my thinking
on the problem.




No comments: