Sunday, July 18, 2021

TIME TO REBOOT



Yesterday I came to my computer to get online.
But my computer refused to.  Over the years we
have used about three internet service companies.
All of them have at times had their problems and
we could not get on line.  So usually if we wait
long enough they cure their "technical difficulties"
and we can resume online.

 However after a number of waits and hours I still
could not get on line.  So I went into my office and 
tried another computer.  Yep!  It worked just fine.
O boy!  It's my computer.   Now what?

I did the same thing you do.  I first tried to reboot.
And, praise God, you can see that I am back on line
without going to the computer shop.

We all know that a computer gets filled up with a 
lot of "junk" simply by being connected to the rest
of the world.  And if you live in this old world, you
and I both get filled up with a lot of junk from life.
How do we "reboot" and clear it out?
Just like Jesus did.

Jesus had thousands of people crowding around
him.  All of them had problems and wanted him
to "fix" their problems for them.  They often 
crowed him so much that he could not even eat.

So, how did Jesus reboot?

"But Jesus often withdrew to the 
wilderness for prayer."
(Luke 5:16 NLT)

"After sending them home, he went up
into the hills by himself to pray.  Night
fell while he was there alone." 
(Matthew 14:23 NLT). 

"Before daybreak the next morning,
Jesus got up and went out to an isolated
place to pray."  
(Mark 1:35 NLT)

If Jesus himself needed to get alone and pray
to God the Father.  How much more do you 
think that we needed to getaway from it all
and spend time in prayer with God.
 

 

No comments: