Sunday, July 11, 2021

THE DIFFERENCE


Can you imagine if you had invented a medicine
that actually worked.  It healed people, once and
for all as they say.

Then you would begin to sell it to people and people
would begin to get healed without going to a doctor.
You and I know that you would be in BIG trouble.  In
this country the FDA and the DEA would both have
you in trouble.

That is about the situation that Peter and John were
in.  They had healed a man crippled from birth by 
the mighty power of God.  Of course they did not
have the permission the the authorities.The powers 
that be did not like it.  Peter and John were taken 
in before the highest authorities in the land and in 
trouble.

Then we read;
"The members of the council were amazed
when they saw the boldness of Peter and 
John, for they could see that they were 
ordinary men with no special training in
the Scriptures.  They also recognized them
as men who had been with Jesus."
(Acts 413 NLT)

I just love this.  Here are two fishermen that are
standing before the Supreme Court of their land
in trouble for performing a miracle.  But the 
high powered smarties they were standing before
could not have done it if they wanted.

What was the difference?
Peter and John had been with Jesus the very 
creator of earth and sustainer of life it's self.
And these smarties only had an education and
some authority handed to them.

I cannot quote it exactly but I have read several
times that Martin Luther said something like this:

"I have so much work to do today that if I do not
spend at least three hours in prayer I will never 
get it done."

Martin Luther knew the answer.  Spend time with
Jesus.  Numbers of times when becoming completely 
baffled God would give me the answer after spending
time in prayer.

Go on and try to do it on your own if you want,
But for me, I want to spend more time with Jesus
first.







 

No comments: