Sunday, July 25, 2021

WHERE DID THE POWER GO?


WHERE DID THE POWER GO?

The church of today when compared to the church
of the New Testament is about as useful as an old 
fashion push mower being used to mow a hay field.

Some one said;
"The early church had no building,
no money, and no political influence ...
Yet, they turned the world upside down."

My personal conviction is, they were filled with the
Holy Spirit of God.  They were directed and powered
by the Holy Spirit while we are working in the "flesh",
or our own power.

Do not expect a total answer from me on the subject.
But there is one area that God has been dealing with me
about that could be a partial answer.  And when I tell 
you, your answer will be; "I know that."  In fact any
one who has been a true born again Christian for more
than one day knows it.  But have we truly been using
this truth fully in faith - or just giving it lip service.

Jesus said;
"I tell you the truth, anyone who
believes in me will do the same 
works I have done, and even greater
works, because I am going to be 
with the Father.  You can ask for 
anything in my name, and I will do
it, so that the Son can bring glory to
the Father.  Yes, ask me for any -
thing in my name, and I will do it!"
(John 14:12 - 14 NLT)

[Consider also John 15:16 and
16:23, 24, 26.]

THE POWER IS THE NAME OF JESUS.

Read carefully John chapters 14, 15 and 16.
You will see that it not only applied to the 
"Apostles", but us as well.  Then go into the
first few chapters of Acts and you will see the
Apostles doing this very thing.

But, but, but.  This is not a magic wand that 
we can wave in the air and get what we want.

Consider;
"And even when you ask, you don't
get it because your motives are all
wrong - you want only what will give
you pleasure."
(James 4:3 NLT)

"And we are confident that he hears
us whenever we ask for anything that
pleases him.  And since we know he hears
us when we make our requests, we also
know that he will give us what we ask 
for."
(James 5:14, 15 NLT)

Am I asking for HIM, or me.

Lets ask what he wants us to and then
go out and turn the world upside down
FOR JESUS.




 

No comments: