Sunday, March 6, 2022

"... FOR JUST SUCH A TIME AS THIS"


No, the image is not a queen.
It is just a pretty little girl.  But,
I suppose that in most of our families
she would be the queen.

I have been going through a time of
testing, concern, discouragement etc.
And when I really contemplate it - it 
has to do with the present world condition.
The potential of another world war, or
at the very least a disruption of our life
even if we do not ourselves see war.

The Scriptures teach us that an extremely
terrible time is coming on this old world.
And my familiarity with the prophecies
of the Bible makes me feel that the current
situation is just the beginning of it.

This morning I felt the Lord put these
words in my mind;
"for such a time as this."
I knew where that came from.
They were from Mordecai's message
to Esther:

"Who knows if perhaps you were made
queen for just such a time as this?"
(Esther 4:14 NLT)

And I knew what the message was to me.
God could have put me anywhere in the 
history of this old world.  But he did not.
He put me here now at a time I do not
appreciate.  But, he put me here
"... for just such a time as this".

I doubt that any of us appreciate the
world situation at this present time.
But, God put us here now for a reason.
Let's hang on tight to Jesus and do
what we can in service to him.


 





No comments: