Wednesday, March 30, 2022

PRIDE GOES BEFORE DESTRUCTION



I do not know who the girl is.  But she
is a whole lot better looking than my
self.  And, she looks like a proud girl.

The Scriptures say;
"Pride goes before destruction,
and haughtiness before a fall."
(Proverbs 16:18 NLT)

I have no idea how many times I have 
seen pride make a person fall.  But I just
wanted to share one with you.

Years ago while working for an auto
dealership it sold out to a new owner
and of course changed names etc.

I was working in the parts dept. at that
time and do not know why but was wanting
to see the new business card of the man in
charge of the parts dept.  [He was a fellow
Christian and a great guy.]

When his new business card came out it
was so overbearing with the name of the
new owner that it was even hard to know
who the card was for.  The pride of the new
owner showed up on the card in an over 
powering manner.

When I was looking at the business card
something went all over me.  It almost
made me nervous.  I was acquainted with
the truth quoted above and knew the 
business could not last.

You know what happened, it was only
four or five years until the business
collapsed.

God's word is still true in every way.

PS.

After writing the above I decided to check
up on the owner mentioned above.
[He was a fine man.  I would work for him
again.]. But when looking at his account on
FaceBook over several years all I could
find was pictures of himself in different
situations.  His pride puts him in a very
small world.



 

No comments: