Sunday, July 17, 2022

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS.



Yes,
even now I am waiting for another
book in the mail.

I am one of those old guys who could not
pass up a good book, or tool.  I would any
day of the year rather have a good book
with written information, charts etc for me
to see than one of these new stupid videos
filled with empty talk.

The north wall of my office is pretty much
covered with technical books.  And the south
wall of my office [Which has the most books]
is covered with Christian or spiritual books.
And it is in this realm that I am most interested.

Over the last thirty years or so my prime interest
in the spiritual realm has been eschatology.  But
I have been picking up on something regarding 
most books, including "Christian" or "Spiritual"
books.

Most books are plain and simply written for
"fame" or "fortune".  In other words, to enhance
the reputation of the author, or the author's bank
account, and if it can be a help to you - fine.

But as an old, old, old - great, great 
grandfather I want to pass on a little advice.

In the "spiritual" realm most of the 
books are only passing on the party line of
their denomination, the newest teaching and
or a lot of conjecture.  In short, you will
probably be disappointed, but the author
will be richer.

Remember,
when you stand before Jesus Christ he is
not going to be asking you what:
Dr. John MacArthur, Dr. Church Swindoll,
Dr. Billy Graham or any other Dr.
said on the subject.

THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS
IS THE BOOK:



 "But my child, let me give you
some further advice: Be careful,
for writing books is endless, and 
much study wears you out."
(Ecclesiastes 12:12 NLT)

No comments: