Sunday, July 31, 2022

EXCESS WEIGHT



"Therefore, since we are surrounded
by such a huge crowd of witnesses to
the life of faith, let us strip off every
weight that slows us down, especially
the sin that so easily trips us up.  And
let us run with endurance the race
God has set before us."
(Hebrews 12:1 NLT)

This is approximately forty years of 
scrap metal on it's way to the recycler.

At one time or another very bit of it was
being used for something around here.

But, it ended up just being junk in the way.

I have to stop and think.  How many habits,
attitudes, routines, beliefs and actions,  not
to count the material accumulations, do I 
have that need to be trashed?

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me an know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting
life."
(Psalms 139:23,24 NLT)






No comments: