Wednesday, July 27, 2022

FOCUSED


"Jack of all trades and master of none."
is an expression I used to hear as a kid.
In essence it means a person can do a lot
of "stuff", but none of it real well.

As I live and move among Christians I get
much the same feeling.  We are a lot of fine
people, but no one would know we are
Christians, unless we had a name tag on
marking us as Christians.

I fear most of us are like the seed the sower
Jesus told us about that fell among the 
thorns;

"The seed that fell among the thorns
represents others who hear God's
word, but all too quickly the message
is crowded out by the worries of this 
life, the lure of wealth, and the desire
for other things, so no fruit is produced"
(Mark 4:18,19 NLT)

I do not know about you, but with all
that is going on around me, even good
stuff I am trying to do for God, I am 
easily distracted from the race I am
supposed to be running.

I need the apostle Paul's attitude regarding
life;
"I don't mean to say that I have
already achieved these things or
that I have already reached perfection.
But I press on to possess that perfection
for which Christ Jesus first possessed
me.  No, dear brothers and sisters, I
have not achieved it, but I focus on this
one thing: Forgetting the past and looking
forward to what lies ahead, I press on to
reach the end of the race and receive the
heavenly prize for which God, through
Christ Jesus, is calling us."
(Philippians 3:12-14 NLT)


"


No comments: