Sunday, August 21, 2022

GOD'S GPS



I just had a visit from a grand daughter
and her husband.  Her husband had never
been in this state before.  They flew in and
rented a car to get around in

Her husband is a computer programer
or something that I do not understand.
They rented a car with a computer screen
in the dash and he had a hand held device
that he punched numbers or something 
into.

What amazed me was the way the information
he needed to drive to any place was on the 
screen for him to follow.  I live here.  I have 
been to all the places they were going and knew
my way around.  But that GPS thing knew the
area better than I did.  It could tell how many
miles to the next turn.  Then when less that a
mile, even how may feet to the next turn.

He had never been here before.  But by 
following the instructions on that screen
he got around just a well as myself who
has been here about fifty years.

Our lives are much like his visit.  We have
never been here before and we need directions
on how to travel through this life.  God gave
us that information we need for this life.  It
is called the "Holy Bible".  We can follow His
instructions and arrive safely at our destination.
Or, we can ignore His instructions and destroy
ourselves.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he 
will show you which path to take."
(Proverbs 3:5,6 NLT)



 

No comments: