Wednesday, August 31, 2022

MORE PROLIFIC


"I am the true grapevine, and
my Father is the gardener.  He
cuts off every branch of mine that
doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes
the branches that do bear fruit so
they will produce even more.
(John 15:1,2 NLT)

About a month ago I posted how I had
pruned back a rose bush so far I thought
I had killed it.  But because it was very
well rooted it survived.

We have had some brief drought conditions
and so the flowers have a few times tended
to wither, but come right back.

I do not know how many roses a rose bush
will produce.  And watching it very with the
dry conditions I may never know.  However,
I tried to look out the window and count the
roses on that old bush.  Well, I gave up on 
that.  But it must be at least fifty or more flowers
on the bush now.  I don't ever remember so many
on the bush at one time.  [Looks like it will get
pruned again some day.]

Is God pruning out a lot of things in my life
to make me more prolific like that rose bush
is?

 

No comments: