Monday, September 25, 2017

MEASURING SUCCESS

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com

I had just completed a project that did not work out the
way I wanted.  It seemed that all the time and effort
put into it was wasted.  I just told God that I had done
it for him, so it was up to him to use it however he wanted.

Shortly God brought something to my mind.  He does not
look at success like we do.  He then brought "the widow
and her "two mites" to my mind .   In Luke chapter 21 we 
are told how a poor widow put her "two cents" into the
offering at the temple.  And many rich people put in large
sums.  But Christ said she put in the most.

Why was her's the most?
The rich people put in what was surplus to them.  It may
have been large sums, but they could do without it.  But 
the poor widow put in everything she had.

God looks at what our gift or our effort costs us.  How
hard was it to give or do it?  It is the degree of sacrifice
on our part that he rewards.

If we have been living for God, when the time of our
rewarding comes -it is possible that some poor little
old feeble person might receive a far greater reward
than some of us who think we are doing something.


No comments: