Friday, September 22, 2017

WHAT THE DOG TAUGHT ME



Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

Today the dog taught me a lesson.

No.  That is not the dog.  I must have left the flash off
on my camera and the dog's picture was awful.  So, I
used good old Pixabay again.

There is the most friendly old dog you ever met at
a family camp where I donate maintenance work.
I do not know what kind it is.  It is a whole lot like
a Labrador, but it's just a big old dog dog.

A short time back apparently someone shot it in a
back leg probably with a 22.  The vet would have
put it down.  But the dog was not complaining.  So
we now have a very friendly old crippled dog.

It was very unusual today, but I was the only one
on the camp grounds.  So when the old dog heard 
me at the shop, guess who showed up.  Yep, the 
crippled dog.

After loading a bunch of tools in my truck I drove
up to the Fort, perhaps a quarter of a mile away.
After working for a while I was in an upstairs 
apartment when I heard a dog whine.  You guessed
it.  That poor old crippled dog had hobbled up the 
hill just to be with me.

After finishing up at the Fort it was time to go back
to the shop.  You guessed it again.  Here came the 
old crippled dog wanting to be with me.

The lesson.
If I wanted to be with God half as much as that
old dog wanted to be with me - the devil himself
could not slow me down.

"Draw near to God and He will draw
near to you."
(James 4:8 NASB)



No comments: