Friday, May 22, 2020

FISHING WITH JESUS




I do not know what night of the week Simon
Peter and his fellow fishermen were fishing;
BUT IT WAS A MONDAY.

You know what I mean.   Some days are a Monday
even if it is another day in the week.  Nothing goes
right, and we say "It was a Monday."

Simon Peter and his buddies worked hard all
night, but did not catch a thing.  You have had
days that way.  But the story does not end there.

"When he had finished speaking, he said to 
Simon, 'Now go out where it is deeper, and let
down your nets to catch some fish.'

"Master," Simon replied, 'we worked hard 
all last night and didn't catch a thing.  But if you
say so, I'll let the nets down again.' And this
time their nets were so full of fish they began to
tear!  A shout for help brought their partners in
the other boat, and soon both boats were filled 
with fish and on the verge of sinking." 
(Luke 5:4 - 7 NLT). 

Now that is how fishing with Jesus goes.

One of the things I have learned from this
incident is that I need the blessing and help
of Jesus Christ on anything that I do.

I have learned that IF I start the day off
seeking God's help and blessing - things
go better.  If I start my day off by just jumping
in and going at it - I will have a Monday.
But generally when I start my day off with
Jesus Christ I usually accomplish even more
than I had set out to do.

"Commit your actions to the LORD,
and your plans will succeed." 
(Proverbs 16:3 NLT)















No comments: