Friday, May 1, 2020

HELP TO LIVE RIGHT



HELP TO LIVE RIGHT.

I need all the help I can get to live right.
If you don't believe me, ask my wife.
But, live right according to who's idea?

Is it to live right to please my family?
Or live right to keep the people in my 
community happy?  Or even to live right
to please the government?

These are all important.  But there will be a 
day when every individual who has ever lived
will stand before God Almighty in judgment.

Now that is the one that should "scare us to
death."  But wait, God himself offers us help
in living in a way that will please him.  God 
thought the apostle Peter said;

"By his divine power, God has given us every-
thing we need for living a godly life.  We have
received all of this by coming to know him,
the one who called us to himself by means of
his marvelous glory and excellence.  And be-
cause of his glory and excellence, he has given
us great and precious promises.  These are the
promises that enable you to share his divine
nature and escape the world's corruption
caused by human desires."  
(2 Peter 1:3,4 NLT). 

Now that encourages me. God has given us
everything we need to live a godly life.  But
note, not everyone on earth.   Who then?

"We have received all of this by coming to 
KNOW him,"

There is a world of difference between "knowing"
some one and "knowing about" someone.  You may
know about the President of your country.  But do
you know him?  This is thing of relationship.  If I
KNOW God by being in relationship with him,
then I truly know him and he offers me all the help
I need to live for him.

Then if I have come into relationship with God
by turning from my ways and submit to him
talking the Son of God, Jesus Christ into my
life as my savior and Lord, then the Spirit
of God moves into my life implanting the
divine nature of God in me helping me to
live in a way that pleases him.


No comments: