Sunday, May 3, 2020

MAP OF THE FUTURE


I just love this photo.  This kid is showing us the 
proper way to do it.  He is not to the part I want 
to draw to your attention, but he will get there.

I do no know about you, but I want to know what
the future holds so I can prepare the best I can for
it.  That is one of the reasons that the last book in 
the Bible, the book of Revelation has become such
a favorite of mine.

Notice the very starting sentence of the book;

"This is a revelation from Jesus Christ,
which God gave him to show his servants
the events that must soon take place.
(Chapter 1 verse 1 NLT)

I do not know what is coming - BUT GOD DOES.
I know that the book of Revelation is filled with
imagery and symbolism.  It is easy to get lost trying
to figure it all out.  BUT, there is enough in plain old
English, Spanish, French, or what ever, to scare you to
death.  But if you will pay attention, it will help you
get ready for what is coming.

One other point about the book of Revelation.  It 
has a promise right at the start that is true.

"God blesses the one who reads the words of 
this prophecy to the church and he blesses all
who listen to its message and obey what it says,
for the time is near."
(Chapter one verse 3 NLT)

I have to testify that this is true.  Perhaps I was
confused from reading it the first few times.  But
I have found that reading it and trying to pay attention
to it truly is satisfying and yes comforting to me.  It
shows me how it is all going to work out, and I'm on
the winning side because with all my frailties I'm
walking with God the best I can.





No comments: