Wednesday, September 14, 2022

DOING GREAT THINGS FOR GOD.


This girl expresses my feelings about the
great things I have done for God.

You have seen it time after time.  "Attempt 
great things for God and expect great things
from God." etc. etc. etc. etc.

I guess I was not expecting much.
But let me tell you about a few of my 
Bible heroes.

There was Enoch.  Enoch was probably
just one more farmer or rancher.  No
great works are attributed to him that I
know of, except a prophecy or prediction
we are told about in the book of Jude
he made, But;
"Enoch lived 365 years, walking
in close fellowship with God.  Then
one day he disappeared, because God
took him."
(Genesis 5:23,24 NLT)

No great sermons.  Not a great singer.
Not a great teacher.  Wrote no book.
JUST LOVED GOD.

Then there is Abraham,
Isaac,
Jacob,
and others
with no great ministries or out
reaches.  They simply "Loved God"
and obeyed God.

Remember the question someone ask Jesus?

"Teacher, which is the most important
commandment in the law of Moses?"
Jesus replied, 'You must love the LORD
your God with all your heart, all your
soul, and all your mind. This is the 
first and greatest commandment."
(Matthew 22:36-38 NLT)

If you think God has called you to
do great things.  Well, then do it.
But as for me, I plan on trying 
to walk with God Almighty 
just one hour at a time
and let Him work things
out.



 

No comments: