Wednesday, September 28, 2022

WORKING WITH JESUS


"When he had finished speaking,
he said to Simon, 'Now go out
where it is deeper, and let down
your nets to catch some fish.'
'Master,' Simon replied, 'we
worked hard all last night and 
didn't catch a thing.  But if you say
so, I'll let the nets down again.'  And
this time their nets were so full of
fish they began to tear!  A shout for
help brought their partners in the 
other boat, and soon both boats
were filled with fish and on the 
verge of sinking."
(Luke 5:4-7 NLT)

Isn't that just like Jesus.
They worked hard all night for nothing,
but when Jesus came things changed.

I don't know about you.  But times
with out number, it seems, I have worked
myself almost to death as we say.
Or more like we sometimes say -
batted my head up against a wall
to no avail.

But, but, but, when I called on Jesus
for help, he helped.

I am getting where I call on Jesus for
his help before I even start anymore.

Jesus said;
"Yes, I am the vine; you are the 
branches.  Those who remain in me,
and I in them, will produce much
fruit.  For apart from me you can do
nothing"
(John 15:5 NLT)

I can do nothing without Jesus.


 

No comments: