Sunday, September 4, 2022

THEY GREW!


WOW! THEY GREW.

I know.  It means nothing to you.  But if you
could see what that barren parcel of land 
looked like you would understand my enthusiasm.

That area had been an old chicken yard.  It
would grow nothing but some weeds in the 
shade.  But, I tore it out and wanted to turn it
into more lawn.  Of course it was completely
the wrong time of year to plant any grass of 
any kind.  But, I threw some seed out there 
 and it grew anyway.

That encourages me in other ways also.
On social media such as Facebook I can
post something for God and get very few 
likes.  But the next day post the picture of
one of my great grand kids and get ten times
more likes than something for God.

Just like the parable of the sower that
Jesus gave:
"This is the meaning of the parable.  
The seed is God's word."
(Luke 8:11 NLT)

That means to me that people see it,
but disregard it.  But God has said:
"It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always
produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere
I send it."
(Isaiah 55:11 NLT)

I can't make the grass seed grow.
But God can.  I can't make people
take to heart what God said.  I can
only throw out the seed and let God
do the work.





 

No comments: