Wednesday, April 6, 2022

LIFE IS TOUGH



LIFE IS TOUGH.

I don't know about you, but I get weary of
all the problems of life.  Sometimes I just
want to go and hide from life.  But my Bible
tells me otherwise.

Consider these random samples of the teaching
of:

Jesus;
"I have told you all this so that
you may have peace in me.  Here
on earth you will have many trials
and sorrows.  But take heart, because
I have overcome the world."
(John 16:33 NLT)

John;
"This means that God's holy people
must endure persecution patiently
and remain faithful."
(Revelation 13:10 NLT)

Peter;
"So then, since Christ suffered
physical pain, you must arm
yourselves with the same attitude
he had, and be ready to suffer too.
For if you have suffered physically 
for Christ, you have finished
with sin."
(1 Peter 4:1 NLT)

Paul;
"Can anything ever separate us
from Christ's love?  Does it mean he
no longer loves us if we have trouble
or calamity, or are persecuted, or
hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or
threatened with death? (As the 
Scriptures say, 'For your sake we are
killed every day, we are being
slaughtered like sheep' overwhelming
victory is ours through Christ,
who loved us."
(Romans 8:35,36 NLT)

James;
"Dear brothers and sisters, when
troubles of any kind come your way,
consider it an opportunity for great
joy.  For you know that when your
faith is tested, your endurance has a 
chance to grow."
(James 1:2,3 NLT)

Wow!
Am I stuck with only problems for the
rest of my life?

Consider the other side of the coin.
Here are more random teachings of
the same people.

Jesus;
"I am leaving you with a gift -
peace of mind and heart.  And the 
peace I give is a gift the world cannot
give.  So don't be troubled or afraid."
(John 14:27 NLT)

John;
"God blesses the one who reads
the words of this prophecy to the
church, and he blesses all who listen
to its message and obey what it
says, for the time is near."
(Revelation 1:3 NLT)

Peter;
"Give all your worries and 
cares to God, for he cares about
you."
(1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

Paul;
"Don't worry about anything, 
instead, pray about everything.  Tell
God what you need, and thank him
for all he has done.  Then you will
experience God's peace, which 
exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and 
minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4:6,7 NLT)

James;
"God blesses those who patiently
endure testing and temptation.
Afterward they will receive the 
crown of life that God has promised
to those who love him."
(James 1:12 NLT)

THANK GOD.

Life is filled with problems.  But God
did that on purpose to help me grow
into what he wants me to be.

And,
of course he has provided help and 
encouragement for me while I go
through it.






 

No comments: