Wednesday, April 20, 2022

WEARY



"I have told you all this so that
you may have peace in me.  Here
on earth you will have many trials
and sorrows.  But take heart, because
I have overcome the world."
(John 16:33 NLT)

I am not young like you.  I do not 
jump out of bed anxious to get the
day going and do all that needs to be
done.

This morning as I drug myself out
of bed and staggered in to turn the
coffee pot on I was weary.  Not so
much from over work, but a couple 
of projects down in the shop that I
am attempting to do for the Lord 
simply are not going the way I want
them too.  So, I not only had a 
tired body but was somewhat
depressed.  I was tired of life and
felt like I wanted to go on home and
be with the Lord.

As I headed back to the bath room,
with out my mind in this direction at
all, the Lord seemed to say to me;
"be not weary in well doing", that would
be King James talk, but I got the 
message.  O.K., Lord.

Or as we would say it today:

"So let's not get tired of doing
what is good.  At just the right time
we will reap a harvest of blessing if
we don't give up."
(Galatians 6:9 NLT)

P.S.
This of course is many hours latter.
But the project that was particularly
heavy on my mind God let it work
out very well and has me praising 
Him.

 

No comments: