Sunday, April 24, 2022

TOO MUCH



"But Peter said, 'I don't have any silver
or gold for you.  But I'll give you what 
I have.  In the name of Jesus Christ the
Nazarene, get up and walk."
(Acts 3:6. NLT)

About sixty years ago I read of an incident
that had a lot of truth wrapped up in it.  I
do not remember the names or the exact
location.  But, it went something like this.

Two, cardinals, bishops or archbishops or
some other high position in the church were 
in one of the large cathedrals I believe in
Europe.  I do not remember their discussion
but when looking around at the grandeur 
of the church one mention to the other;
"We cannot say with Peter we do not have
any silver or gold."  And the other wisely
replied, "Neither can we say 'rise up and
walk.'"

Do we have "Too Much" today?
When was the last time you went to church
in your shiny automobile and watched as
someone in a wheelchair in church was 
told to "Rise up and walk in the name
of Jesus Christ."?

Today in our affluence we depend on
our money, doctors, medicines etc.
and continue to suffer.

The apostles had 
NOTHING BUT JESUS,
and signs and wonders followed.








No comments: