Sunday, April 17, 2022

MAN-MADE IDEAS



"Jesus replied, 'You hypocrites!
Isaiah was right when he prophesied
about you, for he wrote,
'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship is a farce,
for they teach man-made ideas as
commands from God.'
For you ignore God's law and 
substitute you own tradition."
(Mark 7:6 - 8 NLT)

Just get your Bible out and look.  There
are clear instructions on how to have a
church service in there.  Strange as it 
seems I've never heard a sermon on the
instructions given by God himself, 
because they do not match our customs.

I have been a regular church attender for
over eighty years.  I have attended a lot
of different denominations depending
on where I lived, and circumstances, but
only once have been in a church service 
like the Bible tells us to have -
AND IT WAS NOT IN A CHURCH.

IT IS NO DIFFERENT TODAY,
WE STILL OPERATE ON 
MAN-MADE IDEAS
and wonder why we
are not more 
successful.




 

No comments: