Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A DESPERATE PRAYER ANSWERED



I want to tell you how God repaired my old truck.
But first.  No, it was not the one pictured above.
The one above is probably about a 1963 model,
and a flat bed.  Mine was an older model, 1961
if I remember correctly. and a pick up.  Ask your
grandfather about them.  They were about the 
uglyest vehicle that Chevrolet ever built.  And
the time that God healed it for me was around 
1980.

I bought it as my first pickup from a close
friend.  I had borrowed it numbers of times
so I was acquainted with it's problems.

The major problem with it was that it was a
standard transmission and would pop out
of high gear every once in a while - when I
bought it.  Now if evolution worked, it would
have healed it's self by getting better and 
better.  But, being as evolution does not work
it only got worse and worse and worse.

I counted how often it jumped out of gear
one time on the way to work.  I only lived
twelve miles from work most of which was
country driving down the highway.  It jumped
out of high gear sixteen times on the way to
work.

At that time I was a professional auto mechanic
at an auto dealership in town.  And repairing
transmissions was part of my job.  I had made
every adjustment that I knew about, all to no
avail.

I will not go into detail as to why I could not
repair it at that time.   But I do believe to this
day that the problem was in the synchronizer
assembly in the gear assembly.

However, I clearly remember the day I was 
going home when it jumped out of high 
gear probably for the tenth or twelfth time.  
was nearing the bottom of what we call
slaughter mountain when it jumped out
again, as usual.  I put it back in high gear
and let the clutch out for it only to pop
out of gear again.  In extreme frustration
I cried out to God not knowing what to
do and continued home.

The next morning on my way to work
my step son, who was riding into town 
with me, asked me - about half way to 
work - if I had repaired the transmission. 
 No, why?  He said the transmission has
 not jumped out of gear yet.

So I started watching it.  I wish I had
written down the miles and the date,
but I did not.  But it must have been
about one and half years latter before
it ever jumped out of gear again.

Then I just gave the old truck to the boy.

That's what my God does for this old
boy.


                                                     
















No comments: