Monday, March 9, 2020

DO YOU KNOW HIM?




Do you know him, or just about him.  

I have a son-in-law who is a brilliant man.  Smart,
educated and a good all around man.  This man is
a history buff or enthusiast.  You can ask him about
almost any past historical figure and he can tell you
all about them.  It is like he knows everything about
any of these people.  BUT, HE DOES NOT KNOW 
THEM.  He knows about them.

My best friend I have known for about thirty years.
We spend quite a bit of time together visiting and
doing things together.  But, I don't know how tall
he is.  He is short'a short.  I don't know how much
he weights.  I do not know when he got married.
I can drive to his house, but I don't know the 
address.  I don't know what his favorite food is.
In fact there are a lot of facts about his life that
I do not know.  BUT I KNOW HIM.

Now more to the point.
There are multitudes of people who profess to 
be "Christians" or followers of Christ.  But do
they KNOW Him?

The scariest Scripture I know of is in what we
call Jesus' so called sermon on the mount.

"Not every who calls out to me, 'Lord !
Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  Only
those who actually do the will of my Father in
heaven will enter.  On Judgment day many
will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in
your name and cast out demons in your name
and performed many miracles in your name.'
But I will reply, 'I never knew you.  Get away
from me, you who break God's laws.'" 
(Matthew 7:21 - 23 NLT )

Did you see that point?
These people have done all kinds of good things
for God.  Or at least that was their intent.
But Jesus will tell them "I never knew you.
Get away from me,"

Down thought history the men of God;
Enoch, Noah, Abraham, David, were 
all men who walked with God.  Or 
had fellowship with God, or were called
a friend of God, or a man after God's
own heart.  God knew them, they spent
time together.

Jesus said;
"And this is the way to have eternal life -
to KNOW you, the only true God, and
Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth."
(John 17:3 NLT)

Do you know God and his son Jesus Christ,
or only about them?

If we expect to keep our selves out of the 
Devil's hell we had better begin living with
Jesus Christ and Father God daily.  Get to 
know them more intimately than our family,




No comments: