Friday, March 27, 2020

PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD


Pardon me if I brake stride a little on this post today.
But you see, yesterday afternoon I was simply 
overwhelmed by the mercy and goodness of God.
You know, when something good happens you just
want to share it with somebody.  And, you are the
somebody.

Yesterday morning I had gone into town for a routine
check up at the oncologist.  Yep, even if we are under
quarantine.   It was hard to understand all the nurses with
their masks on.  But all was well.

Then I came home to an annual "honey do".  That is
a lot of work.  You see, my wife has this area she calls
her yard.  It extends from the house out to the retaining
wall.  You guys will understand this.  It is an area that 
needs to be mowed, but being a woman she makes it
into an obstacle course filled with all these plants that
have to be mowed around, trimmed around and weeded.
Then to add to it, years ago she planted a lot of clusters
of pampas grass around the retaining wall.  At least 
that helps keep you from falling off over the wall and
breaking your neck.

Now more to the point.  As you understand every spring
all the dead growth in the pampas grass has to be cut off
back to the new growth.  Over the years the pampas grass
has grown bigger and bigger - and I have grown older and
tireder and tireder.

After all the pampas grass was cut back and the old growth
raked up and hauled away to be burned the wife made me 
sit down and rest.  Yes I was ready.

But after a short rest, I was ready to go again and went
down to the shop and was loading up a bunch of scrap
wood on the truck to be hauled off.  When it hit me.
Here I was eighty six years old working along and enjoying
it and I should have been dead about seven years ago.
I began to realize how good God had been to me and 
it was almost more than I could take.

You see, back probably the last week of July in 2014
I ended up in the Emergency room at the local hospital.
The cause was my body had quit making blood.  A man
is suppose to have a blood count of 15.  But my blood 
count was only 5.  Try working with only 1/3 of the blood
you need and you will understand my problem.

From that day until October 25, 2015 I have been in 
one hospital or another four times.  And of course a time
or two a week hooked up to a machine living on other 
peoples blood.

This is not the point here.  But for a year I lived on other
peoples blood.  And it calls to mind another principle.
If we are going to avoid the fires of and eternal hell, 
we need to appropriate the blood of Jesus Christ for 
our selves and have the life of God himself instilled
in us.

Back to my point.
I am throughly convinced that all the serums and things
that the doctors gave me are not what healed me.
But that is was the answer of prayer to God almighty.
And God leading me in a different direction than the 
doctors were taking me.  I have proven this to myself
several times.

But what ever the cause I want to,

Praise God.







No comments: