Monday, March 16, 2020

WATCH OUT FOR PREACHERS



In my last post I pointed out how the Apostle Paul being in
prison for Christ in Rome actually encouraged others to 
share the message of Christ.

But Paul continues;

"It is true that some are preaching out of jealousy
and rivalry.  But others preach about Christ with
pure motives."  
&
"Those others do not have pure motives as they 
preach about Christ.  They preach with selfish 
ambition, not sincerely, ..."  
(Philippians 1: 15 & 17 NLT). 

I thank God that I grew up among a group of people
who were hard working, honest, God fearing people -
including their preachers.   But as I lived in this old
world I learned that is not true of everyone, including
preachers.  Like those in Rome that Paul mentioned,
some today "preach with selfish ambition, not sincerely,".

Lets just say it this way.  It could be revealing to get
a look at their bank account even if they might be a
"big name preacher".

Remember, Jesus Christ himself told us in advance;

"For false messiahs and false prophets will rise
up and perform great signs and wonders so as 
to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones.
See, I have warned you about this ahead of time."
(Matthew 24, 25 NLT)


Another thing to consider about any preacher.
My father was one of those honest hardworking,
God fearing preachers.  He would not have done
anything in the world to mislead someone.  As we
say, "He was as honest as the day is long." and
truthful all the way.

But as time went along I have learned that some of 
the things even my father had been taught were 
incorrect.  Consequently, though he was teaching
with all honesty on his part.  He still was preaching
and teaching some errors.

So, what is the answer?
How do we know the truth about life, heaven and 
hell and everything related to us?

I know.  
I have shared this picture before.
But I love it.
That picture has the total essence
of how to get the truth.





No comments: