Friday, March 6, 2020

ANOTHER DESPERATE PRAYER ANSWERED






My problem was with a motorcycle.  No, not the one above.
That one is a Honda made into a "cafe racer".  The one I got
into trouble with was an old Kawasaki from the same era as
the Honda above.

I had bought the Kawasaki in a non running condition from
a friend.  It was a shaft drive [Not chain like the one above.]
I wanted to make  it into a cross country motorcycle that I 
would not have to spend all my time lubing the chain.

My trouble began with my pride.  Where my friend had not 
been able to get it started, I wanted to be able to tell him I got
 it started with no trouble.  The Scriptures tell us, "Pride goes 
before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall."  
and I was about to fall.

My mistake was trying to cheat using too much starting 
fluid.  It back fired catching number one carb. on fire.
[That would be the carb. the closest in the photo above.]
So there I was with the carb. on fire and flames going 
up around the gas tank that was half full of gas.

I could not see my fire extinguisher so I tried blowing 
it out.  I have used that trick in the past, but this time
it only singed my eye brows.  Then I took an old rag
and started trying to beat out the flames while looking
for my fire extinguisher.

I finally spotted my fire extinguisher.   I pulled the pin
and squeezed the trigger.  NOTHING.  It had been in 
the shop too long and lost it's charge.

Back to trying to beat the fire out, but it was not working.
By this time I was ready to push the motorcycle out 
the door and let it burn up.

The problem there was my car was just outside the door
and if I pushed it further it would go down the hill 
next to the house.   By now I was getting really, really
 tired trying to beat the fire away from the tank.

In desperation I simply cried out,
"Jesus help me." 

The fire went out in an instant.




No comments: