Friday, March 13, 2020

WHEN GOING TO JAIL IS GOOD.



WHEN GOING TO JAIL IS GOOD,
OR
BAD THINGS CAN BE GOOD.

Approximately A.D. 57 the Apostle Paul wrote
to the Church in Rome;

"One of the things I always pray for is the 
opportunity, God willing, to come at last to
see you.  For I long to visit you so I can bring
you some spiritual gift that will help you grow
strong in the Lord.  When we get together, I
want to encourage you in your faith, but I also
want to be encouraged by yours."
(Romans 1:10-12 NLT)

And in the same Epistle a few chapters later
Paul said:

"And we know that God causes everything
to work together for the good of those who 
love God and are called according to his
purpose for them."  
(Romans 8:28 NLT)

 Paul soon had the opportunity to both
see the Christians at Rome and prove the
truth of the above verse.

Just not the way he would have planed.

Paul was arrested in Jerusalem by the Jews
and ended up being sent to Rome as a prisoner.

In approximately A.D. 61 Paul, as a prisoner
in Rome wrote;

"And I want you to know, my dear brothers and 
sisters, that everything that has happened to me
here has helped to spread the Good News.  For
every one here, including the whole palace
guard, knows that I am in chains because of
Christ.  And because of my imprisonment, 
most of the believers here have gained confidence
and boldly speak God's message with out fear."
(Philippians 1:12-14 NLT)
approx. A.D. 61

God used Paul's imprisonment to actually
allow him to go to Rome "on a free trip"
[Pun intended.] and to be able to strengthen
the Church there just as he wanted to.

Remember above Paul wrote about every
thing working for good to those who love God.
Well loving God will put you at odds with the
rest of the world.  But look at what Jesus Christ
the very creator of the world said;

"God blesses you when people mock you 
and persecute you and lie about you and say
all sorts of evil things agains you because you 
are my followers.  Be happy about it!  Be very
glad!  For a great reward awaits you in heaven.
And remember, the ancient prophets were
persecuted in the same way.
(Matthew 5:11,12 NLT)

I prefer to have God's reward over being 
recognized by the world or any reward
it may have to offer.

No comments: